Let It Go !!!



Micro Manager Mum !! Who else can put their hand up to this one?
As I prepared to go away for a whole week, I had prepared meals, instructed what to defrost and heat when and with what ( so nobody would get scurvy and die!) had asked for a huge favour to the daycare that Jed visited last year and had him squeezed in for 3 of the days that he's not in Kindy, cooked a whole ton of food...etc etc...
I must admit that there were a few things that I couldn't get around to or just plainly decided that there was really no point,,, like sweeping the floor just one.more.time !!!!
I'm here 5000kms from home and trying to let go! I have a few very heated, steam coming out of ears - type moments when I go here. My darling 79 yr old mother text me a 'happy landing' message to also include, "Jed had a lovely sleep"....this was the day he was to be in daycare !! Jed is 5. Jed is tiring and fast. Jed does NOT need to be at my older parents place all day, staking their world!!!
SO it was divulged that darling little Jed was so sad and crying at daycare that dear Daddy decided that her just couldn't leave him there for the whole day !!!!!!! SO he took him to work with him and ask my Mum to come and pick him up.

SERIOUSLY !!!????

Was I slightly miffed ??? You BET!!!!
All my planning and coercing had been sabotaged yet again.
My darling husband means well but he's a giant, big softy!! Not the words I was originally feeling at the time
I was relaxed knowing that Jed was safe, my parents were safe, their sanity still intact ! But ,,,,,,they did all survive. My parents really didn't mind and would do anything for us, but that really isn't the point! I just don't ask them to babysit for so many reasons and none of them for Jed's sake.
So, my breathing and relaxation and happy thoughts fought to come to the surface during this few days of trying to let go! I had to just LET GO !
What could I do?
Mr Mum has it under control....what ever that looks like. Nobody will die, the meals that were planned may or may not get eaten or cause food poisoning due to the fact that he broke my system. Children are fed and loved. Chaos reigns no doubt,,, but then that's pretty much normal anyway, just this time it's without my flapping around trying to keep my ducks in a civilised row!!!
GIVE UP WOMAN!! No, maybe I shouldn't, but loosen up at least

This has taught me a few things about myself. The way I Mother and run this tribe, can often get overwhelming and the little things and details overshadow what's really important. I'm usually the 'fun police' and Dad gets to brake my 'rules' and have all the fun. Mum's left to pick up the pieces (literally🤣), broken routine and tired cranky kids. But you know what? It will all be ok in the end. They will survive. They will thrive.

Parenting can be,,,, no,,,, IS a tough gig. (actually, marriage is harder ) There is nothing else like it and not much help out there except us learn as we go, remember the lessons that we have learnt and carry on as best we can  

You parents are awesome and are doing a fabulous job!!! It's not for the faint hearted.
**** on a side not..... I spoke to Jed on Thursday night after a great Kindy day asking him to please go to Daycare the next day. "It's Funday Friday", I said, fabricating that on the spot !!!! I'm sure it was really fun 😍🤣😂🙃🙃
I tried bribing him saying that I'd bring him home a lolly pop if he went, He still wasn't budging but did say he wants a teddy instead !!!!! Little monkey upped the stakes on the bribe.... but still said he didn't want to go  

Well.....he went !!! Yay... Mum win right there !!!! Bribery and corruption all the way !!!!

UPDATE !!!  Here's the end to the sage :)  Click and see his reaction :)

  The big reveal !!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Super Hero Mumma